My new Antarctic training video is available. In this episode, I show tire flipping through the neighborhood.
The point of this training is:
- Mentally training for going extremely slow
- Dealing with the frustration of moving short distances
- Building up stronger muscles
- Training for flipping the sled upright when they flip
- Training for getting the sleds over sastrugi
Nothing is easy in Antarctica. And this was not easy, either. And now, 2 days later, my hamstrings, quadriceps and lower back are still amazingly sore. This was one heck of a workout and I’m looking to do more!