Design professional Indesign nonfiction books: layout, typography, color management, and graphic design tools.
What you’ll learn
Learn to create print-ready PDF files
Nonfiction book layout
Magazine layout techniques
Resize, scale, rotate, adjust images
Professional nonfiction book layout techniques
Earn money with your Indesign nonfiction book layout skills
Create table of contents, headers, footers, and book structure
Importing manuscripts from multiple sources
How to manage and choose fonts
Create color swatches and manage colors
Professional shortcuts and workflows
Manage multiple layers in a document
Save time with rapid techniques
No time-wasting stories
Installed working CC version of Adobe Indesign
Do you need to make a layout for a nonfiction book for professional publication? Perhaps you are a guide book author and want to learn how the book layout process works so you can make your own PDF. This course is for you! Most other Indesign courses teach lots of extra material that won’t help you. This course is specifically targeted at people who want to learn nonfiction and textbook layout without all the fluff.
- Walter: “Your course was so helpful. My staff struggled for a month trying to learn Indesign from YouTube. We just wasted our time and missed critical opportunities. Your easy-to-follow teaching style literally hand-held us, taught my team time-saving skills, and saved us $1,000’s of dollars in lost revenue. Thank you!” Walter P., Orange and Blue Marketing
From Aaron: “Hi there, my name is Aaron and I’ve professionally taught Indesign to hundreds of students. I’ve created hundreds of layouts in Indesign, from simple nonfiction books to complex guides and textbooks. Together we’ll work through real projects will real manuscripts. You’ll learn everything you need to know to be successful. This course is filled with instruction that gets you to success fast.”
This course will save you from wasting $100’s if not $1,000’s of your hard-earned money. Many “pro” book layout designers learn from YouTube as they go, wasting your money. Other Indesign contractors charge insane amounts of money. That’s why I made this course. It’s for people who want to learn nonfiction book layout or need to do the job themselves.
- Bethany: “What you just taught me almost made me cry. Before your class, my boss made me change the font in our company book twice. It took me a week. With what you showed me, I could’ve been literally done in a minute. One week cut down to one minute. I hope others find your course.” Bethany R., Outdoor Medical Training School
This course helps you avoid these mistakes:
- Incorrectly layering images
- Improperly typesetting pages
- Classic manuscript import errors
- Incorrectly setting colors
- Making a hard-to-manage table of contents
It’s so easy to make mistakes and not see them during book layout. Aaron has seen books with beautiful covers but the inside looked like a mes. Trying to do a book layout in Microsoft Word will make your book look terrible. Word just doesn’t have the right tools.
This course includes:
- Sample complete manuscripts for practice
- Sample copyright page text completely free to use
- Ideas for graphic objects and integration with Illustrator
Aaron shares the tricks he’s learned over years of doing nonfiction book layout design. The goal of this course is to teach you how to make your own book PDF and not look like an amateur doing it. You’ll learn the necessary skills to make turn your manuscript into a pro PDF.
Manuscript software formatting guidelines include:
- Microsoft Word
- Google Docs
Even if you used a different program, the instructions for the above software will help you figure out what you need to do. Ask questions in the course forum and Aaron will do his best to help you out.
There are a lot of small but important details in a nonfiction book layout. Avoid making errors with this course. You spent 100’s of hours perfecting your manuscript. Don’t make the rookie mistake of making your book look like it was prepared by an amateur.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to create a professional PDF from their nonfiction manuscript
- Aaron’s course is for people with no InDesign experience. No previous publishing knowledge required.
- This course is relaxed and bite-sized. It’s broken down into small skills that won’t overwhelm you. You only need basic computer skills to succeed.
Save time wasted on huge “master classes” that cover a lot of what you don’t need. This course gives you exactly what you need to get the job done. You won’t wade through endless discussions and stories that aren’t relevant to your nonfiction book layout. Save time and get the job done faster this Aaron’s courses.
Aaron Linsdau Learning: Skills. Fast.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to create a professional nonfiction book layout