Learn how to use Adobe Indesign to create a professional PDF from your book manuscript
What you’ll learn
You will understand fiction book formatting.
You will learn how to choose fonts.
Pro techniques other courses fail to show.
How to choose and set margins.
How to order sections of your book.
Professional workflows and shortcuts.
How to avoid amateur mistakes.
Downloadable exercise files & check list.
Learn how to create PDF files ready for printing.
PDF formatting for digital printing.
How to work efficiently.
What you need for the task and not other stuff that doesn’t matter.
You will need an installed copy of Adobe InDesign CC.
No previous design skills are needed.
No previous InDesign skills are needed.
Do you need to make a layout for a fiction book for professional publication? Perhaps you are an author and want to learn how the book layout process works so you can make your own PDF. This course is for you! Most other Indesign courses teach lots of extra material that won’t help you. This course is specifically targetted to people who want to learn fiction and textbook layout without all the fluff.
- Walter: “Your course was so helpful. My staff struggled for a month trying to learn Indesign from YouTube. We just wasted our time and missed critical opportunities. Your easy-to-follow teaching style literally hand-held us, taught my team time-saving skills, and saved us $1,000’s of dollars in lost revenue. Thank you!” Walter P., Orange and Blue Marketing
From Aaron: “Hi there, my name is Aaron and I’ve professionally taught Indesign to hundreds of students. I’ve created hundreds of layouts in Indesign, from simple fiction books to complex guides and textbooks. Together we’ll work through real projects will real manuscripts. You’ll learn everything you need to know to be successful. This course is filled with instruction that gets you to success fast.”
This course will save you from wasting $100’s if not $1,000’s of your hard-earned money. Many “pro” book layout designers learn from YouTube as they go, wasting your money. Other Indesign contractors charge insane amounts of money. That’s why I made this course. It’s for people who want to learn fiction book layout or need to do the job themselves.
- Bethany: “What you just taught me almost made me cry. Before your class, my boss made me change the font in our company book twice. It took me a week. With what you showed me, I could’ve been literally done in a minute. One week cut down to one minute. I hope others find your course.” Bethany R., Outdoor Medical Training School
This course helps you avoid these mistakes:
- Creating text that’s incorrectly spaced out and looks weird
- Justified text that still looks jagged – pro tips
- Overload of hyphen breaks
- Orphans and widows – random text starting a page
- Wrong hyphens – you probably used the wrong hyphens
It’s so easy to make mistakes and not see them during book layout. Aaron has seen books with beautiful covers but the inside looked like a hack job. Trying to do book layout in Microsoft Word will make your book look terrible. Word just doesn’t have the right tools.
This course includes:
- Sample complete manuscripts for practice
- Sample copyright page text completely free to use
- Sample word processing program files for challenge assignments
Aaron shares the tricks he’s learned over years of doing fiction book layout design. The goal of this course is to teach you how to make your own book PDF and not look like an amateur doing it. You’ll learn the necessary skills to make turn your manuscript into a pro PDF.
Manuscript software formatting guidelines include:
- Microsoft Word
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
Even if you used a different program, the instructions for the above software will help you figure out what you need to do. Ask questions in the course forum and Aaron will do his best to help you out.
There are a lot of small but important details in fiction book layout. Avoid making errors with this course. You spent 100’s of hours perfecting your manuscript. Don’t make the rookie mistake of making your book look like it was prepared by a fifth-grader.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to create a professional PDF from their fiction manuscript
- Aaron’s course is for people with no InDesign experience. No previous publishing knowledge required.
- This course is relaxed and bite-sized. It’s broken down into small skills that won’t overwhelm you. You only need basic computer skills to succeed.
Aaron Linsdau Learning: Skills. Fast.
- This course is for people completely new to InDesign who want to avoid beginner mistakes.
- No previous design or publishing experienced is necessary.
- You want to make your fiction book look professional and have an error-free file.
- This is well-paced course that will enable you to produce a final interior file to use for printing your fiction book.