Flash Photography - The Off-Camera Flash Ultimate Course
Learn off camera flash techniques to take your photography to the next level
Created by Aaron Linsdau
What you’ll learn
Off-camera flash photography
Understanding different flash triggers
Fundamentals of lighting positions
Overpowering the sun techniques
Make dramatic images of mundane objects for posterity
How to use manual mode
How to correct reverse streaking in night shots
How to deal with challenging lighting situations
How to improve midday shots with your flash
Shifting image and flash color for artistic effects
What settings work and which ones don’t
A willingness to learn new concepts
A modern digital camera and an external flash
“Thank you for sharing your experience and expanding my horizons”
—Piper H., Jackson Hole
You will learn the concepts and fundamentals of off-camera flash photography in this course. You’ll see what it takes to make interesting portraits. You’ll also see how to use lighting to change mundane objects into something interesting to look at. The class is comprehensive but easy-to-follow. You’ll be able to practice the techniques using the settings presented in the class.
In this class, you will learn:
- Different flash types and their value
- How to create professional stop motion images
- How to trigger your flash using different tools
- What light modifiers are and how they can improve your shots
- Advanced techniques to create dramatic shots in the day and night
- How to overpower the sun and get good shots in tough conditions
- To create motion streaks and how to make them appear the way you want them.
“I thought my color was spot on with my professional Canon camera. After taking your class, I saw there was a lot more to learn.”
—Loren N., professional photographer
Improve your images to levels beyond your imagination
This course will take you into the realm of manual shooting. In order to get the most out of your off-camera flash, the best way is to go with manual. Professionals almost always use manual mode in the studio and where they need complete control. You’ll gain more consistent exposures and make images that are impossible in manual mode.
Follow the instructor in and out of the studio, learning as you go. You’ll be able to use the settings he shares and try them on your own. You’ll learn the various aspects of exposure as it relates to external lighting.
Designed for beginners who want professional results
This is for aspiring professionals and anyone who wants their photographs to stand out from the crowd. There are no computer requirements in this course. You will be spending nearly all of your time with your camera and flashes in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Photographers who want to dramatically increase their photography skills
- Beginners who are familiar with their camera and who own a Speedlight, external flash, or strobe
- This course is relaxed and bite-sized. It’s broken down into small skills that won’t overwhelm you.
Aaron Linsdau Learning: Skills. Fast.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in improving their photography
- Photographers ready to learn off-camera flash photography
- Students with a Speedlight, strobe, or external flash to learn with
1.5 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion